homestead - [Homestead] Out of Virginia, out of low-paid public school teachiing----at long last

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Out of Virginia, out of low-paid public school teachiing----at long last
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:57:38 -0700

Youngest daughter closed on her house two days ago, paid all her bills, and is getting out of Dodge today---heading for a 90-day sojourn in Pennsylvania, a series of concentric circles around Philadelphia for starters in finding a place to live that she likes (rent first, buy later). Philadelpha area is certainly more habitable than New York, lot of small, still fairly static and charming small towns and dead dairy farms with springs, creeks and pondsites. Bucks County is now wqy too expensive---my oldest daughter who has spent a lot of time in Horsham the past several years, as peripatetic Compliance Manager for a healthcare, medicine-dispensing company---an AARP relic, suggested the youngest daughter look around south of Philadelphia to look at small towns and farms---Lynn, move over, you might have a new neighbor.

Hoooray---Ray Zentz escaped first, one of the things that encouraged my daughter to follow suit.

Thank you, Hurricane Ivan, for avoiding Virginia Beach----nope, I didn't bribe Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell for altering its course either.

I will never again go to that hellhole of a Virginia Beach even if I lived lolng enough..

  • [Homestead] Out of Virginia, out of low-paid public school teachiing----at long last, Tvoivozhd, 09/22/2004