homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bill Greider on the present state of affairs

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bill Greider on the present state of affairs
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:14:41 -0700

Marie McHarry wrote:

I've always appreciated the insights that Bill Greider has to offer. Here's
what he has to say of Iraq: http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/19912/
Marie

tvoivozhd---eloquent, deadly logical article---a completely true and a damning condemnation of Bush stupidity---but anyone with more intelligence than a roach knows that already. The "Apres Moi Le Deluge" President is focussed on losing in Iraq, destroying the middle class, kicking out all the rungs in the ladder for the poor to enter the middle class, conducting the most vicious and successful class warfare we have ever seen---and issuing a blizzard of lies about the war and the economy to win the next election..

Still, as a serious student of warfare, and Ex-Commander of the 538th Fighter Bomber Group, I am even more fearful of the consequence of Cut-and-Run. I do not know if Iraq is salvagable on any basis, but I feel we must try until and if we are driven out. Maybe the U.S. military commanders in Iraq can turn off their hearing aids---General Tommy Franks retired to get away from the Great Micromanager in the White House.