homestead - Re: [Homestead] Kiddy Credit Cards

  • From: Walter H.Jeffries <Highlands AT blacklightning.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Kiddy Credit Cards
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 21:04:55 -0400

On Sep 4, 2004, at 8:33 PM, Lee Flier wrote:
Walter H.Jeffries wrote:
When a credit card expires I punch holes in it to remove the numbers and destroy the magnetic strip (which I also pass a magnet over). Then I punch one hole up in the upper left corner and add it to a set of cards on a ring. This is a great child's toy. They're also handy for scraping the inside glass of aquariums, counter tops, windshields, shimming and all sorts of stuff. :)

If you cut them to the right shape they make dandy guitar picks, too. :)

Ooo... I hadn't thought of that one. My middle son and wife play banjo! Thanks for the idea. So, what other good creative uses can people come up with for old credit cards?

Cheers,

-Walter
West Topsham, Vermont
---