homestead - RE: [Homestead] Car; Kiekhafer

  • From: "Warren F. Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Car; Kiekhafer
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:24:31 -0400

Brief summary from: http://www.angelfire.com/nj2/nascar/facts.html

"Carl Kiekhafer, an iron-willed eccentric who invented the team concept in
stock car racing, wouldn't let his drivers or crew sleep with their spouses
the night before a race. He was the most successful owner of the 1950s."

He went through NASCAR like Sherman through Atlanta. I think you were lucky
to know him, and probably he, you. His performance boat work was just as
impressive.

Warren

>>tvoivozhd---never talked to him about Nascar, our only mutual
>>interest
>>was outboard engines

---
Hey, we check all the outgoing mail and certify it Virus Free.