gwl-g - [gwl-g] Important: Listserv Will Close Aug. 31

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: "gardenwriters-on-gardening" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • Subject: [gwl-g] Important: Listserv Will Close Aug. 31
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 19:59:54 -0500

When Lon Rombough was the operating partner of the GWL listserv, he angered regularly when list members wrote about gardening topics on HIS garden writing listserv.  So he created a second listserv and religiously enforced the distinction between the two listserv topics.

I feel that gardening and any horticulture are about garden writing and have never reprimanded anyone from discussing any topic on either listserv.

It's time to close down the gwl-gardening listserv, because there so much duplication.  Anything we have to say can be done on one listserv.  It will lessen the volume of our mailboxes, too.

If you are subscribed ONLY to gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org and not gardenwriters@lists.ibiblio.org
you have until Aug. 31 to subscribe to the GWL listserv.  To do so, go to:

Scroll down to the bottom of the page where there is a form to subscribe.  Because we are closed list (to keep out Spammers and those with destructive agendas), I will have approve every new subscription.  But, that doesn't take long, as I live in front of the computer and take a Netbook with me on field assignments for email.

To summarize:  the GWL-G listserv will cease to exist on Sept. 1, 2009.  If you are already subscribed to GWL, you have to do nothing.  But, if you are not, use the link above to subscribe to GWL.

Doreen Howard
GWL & GWL-G Listservs Owner

  • [gwl-g] Important: Listserv Will Close Aug. 31, Doreen Howard, 08/15/2009