gwl-g - [gwl-g] Tomato Blight Protection

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Nancy Szerlag <szerlag@earthlink.net>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Nancy Szerlag <szerlag@earthlink.net>
  • Subject: [gwl-g] Tomato Blight Protection
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:19:22 -0400

Actinovate from Natural Industries (naturalindustries.com) is an organic fungicide labeled for foliar diseases including blights, and downy and powdery mildew. It's OMRI listed and can be used up to and including day of harvest. I used it's companion product Actino-Iron ( a combination of Actinovate, humic acid and iron) when transplanting my tomatoes and only one of a dozen developed signs of early blight and that occurred about four days ago. EB is rampent in Michigan this year. I removed the infected leaves and sprayed with Actinovate. All my tomato plants remain clear of disease. Saturday and Sunday we got another 8 inches of rain and the daytime temps are in 80's. Perfect conditions for foliar diseases. Actinovate is available on line from Worms Way. Black spot is also listed on the label.

Nancy Szerlag
Columnist for Detroit News
szerlag@earthlink.net
Check blog at www.gardeneryardener.blogspot.com

  • [gwl-g] Tomato Blight Protection, Nancy Szerlag, 08/12/2009