gwl-g - [gwl-g] Garden Thugs

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Nancy Szerlag <szerlag@earthlink.net>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Nancy Szerlag <szerlag@earthlink.net>
  • Subject: [gwl-g] Garden Thugs
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:54:17 -0500

Between my brothers and I, we steward a total of 140 acres of land 50 miles north of Detroit. Our precious fields ( there are very few left in our rural area) that have remained untouched since 1953, are being eaten alive by Autumn Olive /Russian Olive and spotted knapweed. The dam deer ( thanks to hunters we now have 14 less ) have eaten all the spring wild flowers but of course, they pass these pests right by.

Nancy Szerlag
Columnist for Detroit News
szerlag@earthlink.net
Check blog at www.gardeneryardener.blogspot.com

  • [gwl-g] Garden Thugs, Nancy Szerlag, 11/26/2008