gwl-g - [gwl-g] FREE PLANTS

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Sunshine Farm & Gardens <barry@sunfarm.com>
  • To: gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [gwl-g] FREE PLANTS
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 13:53:38 -0400

Ahhhhhhhh, there's NEVER been a GW that could resist the lure of those two words, myself included. I'm utilizing this platform to get the word out to the gardening world that Sunshine Farm & Gardens has been granted US Patent # 12858 for our interspecific hybrid Euphorbia 'Jessie'. This plant is a cross between E. polychroma and E. griffithii, bringing the best qualities of both parents to a dramatic 5 - 7 foot plant that blooms for 6 weeks. 'Jessie' is sterile so there is no seed set. The brilliant yellow color of her bracts is so intense that it pours over onto her top leaves. 'Jessie' is hardy in virtually every state in the US and tolerates just about any light or soil condition. That said, she performs to her full potential in bright sun with her feet in average to well drained soil.

To quote my buddy, Jimmy Turner, hortguy at the Dallas Arboretum in Dallas TX, "My research assistant pointed out to me that we had one in our locked hidden trial area that you had sent us last year. It's doing great and is currently in flower. So far it is liking our climate, and looks good today even with our 98 degrees and 80 percent humidity!"

This comes from a guy whose signature line in his email reads - Trial by Flower!!!  "If we can't kill it no one can!"

Anyway, all this talk aside, I'd like to send any Garden Writer a free plant for testing and evaluation. This would be a 2 year old plant in a 5" deep Anderson Treeband pot from my private stash. What's the quid pro quo you ask?  Nothing, well almost nothing. All I ask in return is that you enjoy 'Jessie' and tell every gardener in the universe that you communicate to just how wonderful she is. If you'd like to take me up on this offer, please contact me off list at my personal email address - barry@sunfarm.com with your postal address and I will send you one immediately via Priority Mail.

BTW, here's an image of 'Jessie' - http://sunfarm.com/images/ejessiemsp.jpg

and ohhhhh, I forgot to tell you how fabulous she looks in Autumn - http://sunfarm.com/images/ejessieautumn-m.jpg

and guess what, she has a baby sister - http://sunfarm.com/images/eautumnsunsetm.jpg E. 'Autumn Sunset' is PPAF and will be available to you for trialing soon. Both plants are COPF.

I look forward to sharing these and many other very cool plants with you.

Happy Trails
Barry Glick

  • [gwl-g] FREE PLANTS, Sunshine Farm & Gardens, 08/25/2008