gwl-g - [gwl-g] Best Veggie Varieties

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Molly Day" <mollyday1@gmail.com>
  • To: gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org, hoosiergardener@sbcglobal.net
  • Subject: [gwl-g] Best Veggie Varieties
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:44:23 -0600

Jo Ellen - You may be interested in my blog entry from Jan 7th. It's links to Cornell Univ's citizen project where gardeners rate vegetable varieties. Hope this is useful.
Martha Stoodley (Molly Day) at http://muskogeephoenixonline.com/blogs/MollyDay/2008/01/cornells-citizen-science-site-wants-you.html

Monday, January 7, 2008

Cornell's Citizen Science Site Wants You

Cornell University wants your opinion.

At Cornell's citizen science site, Vegetable Varieties for Gardeners, every participant is a member of a national community of growers.

If you do not have time or the inclination to enter data about the varieties you grow this year and how successful they are, you can search the information contributed by other gardeners.

For example, click on Browse Crops and a list of dozens of vegetables, fruits and herbs appears. Click on mustard and ratings for varieties appear - everything from Suehlihung No to Ragged Edge and Ruby Streaks is rated by growers.

Message: 1