gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Chelsea

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: KTCopsey@aol.com
  • To: gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Chelsea
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 06:35:07 EST

In a message dated 1/4/2007 11:08:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, TalkingPoints@PlantSoup.Com writes:
I just became aware of the fact that I am going to be in London for
the first day or two of the Chelsea flower show in May.  Anyone know
how I can get a press pass for the show?  Do they do press passes?

Nan
Nan
They do give press passes but only reluctantly and they have tried to limit them in recent years.  To get both those and regular tickets go to the Royal Horticultural Society web page and they will give you a link.  All members get a ticket (I think) but non members can get them too.
To get the press pass, you need to illustrate that the news media you work for will be of use to the show - I found it easier to phone them and discuss it with them, then they put the pass in a press room to the rear of the grounds (not the main entrance).  Definitely worth going to though!

Kate Copsey
Freelance Writer
Gardens and Parenting
www.Katecopsey.com