gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] "Spoke" too soon

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Carol Matthews" <carolmatthews@ns.sympatico.ca>
  • To: "gardenwriters-on-gardening" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] "Spoke" too soon
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 05:02:59 -0400

Hi Nan:
    I don't think you will have a problem qualifying for a pass, unless they have changed the system in the last 2 or 3 years. Suggestions: go as early in the day as allowed, the line-ups are legendary. The press room has food and drinks, and the press info is exceptional (though heavy - pick it up when you leave). If you're taking photos take a tripod - it was like Moses parting the waters whenever I set up my tripod, people were so accommodating. Spend two days if you can, in order to see everything - the crowds slow everything down.
    Hope that's helpful - I'd be interested to read others' suggestions as I hope to attend this year as well.
Cheers
Carol

Carol Matthews
Truro, Nova Scotia
www.carolmatthews.ca
Author of Frommer's Halifax, 1st Edition
Professional Member of: Travel Media Association of Canada (Board Member), Garden Writers Association (Region VII Director)
Columnist for Canadian Gardening,  European Reporter, East Coast Living, The Seniors' Advocate