gwl-g - [gwl-g] Listserv Party Update

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: <gardenwriters@lists.ibiblio.org>, "gardenwriters-on-gardening" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [gwl-g] Listserv Party Update
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:27:25 -0500

I've contacted the Bar Blue food managers and found that their prices for appetizers are outrageous--$3 to $6 per tiny morsel. It's the going rate at other facilities at the Valley Forge Convention Center, the Radisson and the Scanticon Hotels, too. So......change in plans.

We will still gather at the Bar Blue at the appointed time, order our own drinks and proceed to have a good time. There will be no food, though. There is a reception at the GWA Trade Show immediately following our gathering that will have munchies.

At other hotels where we've held our annual Listserv party, prices for appetizers were affordable. Here, they are not. None of us have the budget to pay $25 a head minimum for a carrot sticks, dip and a cheese puff.

I'll hold my tongue about the other problems at this symposium, but I think the food situation is symptomatic of what GWA is facing for logistics. They have my sympathy.

Still I hope everyone will attend, have a glass of wine and enjoy!

Thanks to everyone who volunteered money for food. Maybe, we should smuggle in pizza secreted in flower pots! :-)
Doreen Howard
GWL and GWL-G Listservs Owner

  • [gwl-g] Listserv Party Update, Doreen Howard, 07/19/2006