gwl-g - [gwl-g] Long Island Gardens

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: <ladygardener@msn.com>
  • To: <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [gwl-g] Long Island Gardens
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:07:20 -0700

Hi, All!

I got a last minute opportunity to spend some time on Long Island this Wednesday a.m. (June 14) and am planning to visit Roslyn Nursery as they are closing down.  However, I understand their inventory is pretty slim at this point, but since I'm out there (close to the 2004 GWA meeting venue) and will cover over 200 miles, I thought I'd take advantage of other horticultural places of interest.

Any suggestions for either nurseries or public gardens?  One thought I had was to visit the facility at Farmingdale but an unsure of its proper name (to locate it and get directions) and what might be there to see.  Does anyone have that info?

Any other spots in the area that come to mind?

Thanks and regards.

Lorraine

Lorraine Ballato
16 Mudry Farm Rd