gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Knock Out

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Carolyn Ulrich <cultivated@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Knock Out
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:04:20 -0500

More on Knock Out....I purchased the original Knock Out in Chicago 2 seasons ago, and my plant is now 3 feet tall and about 4 feet wide. No winter protection and it has done just fine. Someone sent me a very small Pink Knock Out (little more than a rooted cutting) about the same time and it bloomed its first year in the garden and has also come through winters with no protection. It's looking fine and is now about 15 inches tall and wide with several buds. At the Long Island symposium last Sept., I got a double Knock Out which was about a foot tall. It overwintered fine as well and has bloomed this year, so no complaints here. Carolyn Ulrich