gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Selling plants and Potting Soil

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Melanie <melaniev@optonline.net>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Selling plants and Potting Soil
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:18:39 -0400

Hi Sandie,

Thanks for some great ideas! It's a bit late for this year but for next year I will ask for a band parent to volunteer to write & call the local Home Depots asking for donations of soil.

I also really like the idea of getting a master gardener or two here to help me answer questions. Next year I hope to turn this in to a two day event with Friday evening being a slide show at the highschool. The program will feature all the plants for sale and explain their cultural needs and how they would work in a landscape. We could charge for the lecture, answer some questions in advance and pump people up for the next days sale.

A 12 year old girl up the street asked if she could help me for free. She needs volunteer hours for the jr. Honor Society. I'm going to have her help label the pots.