gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Valerian anybody?

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Jane Milliman <jane.milliman@gmail.com>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Valerian anybody?
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:28:55 -0400

Yikes. I definitely would try to get this one under control, unless of
course you have ample room and don't care where it goes. I love
valerian but found it a little pushy for a small garden. Annual
culling kept it in bounds. Wonderful in bouquets with peonies.
Have cats? When you pull the plant, leave it on the ground for your
kitties. The roots stink as they ripen in the sun, but the kitties
loooooove it. Just like catnip.

Jane

  • Re: [gwl-g] Valerian anybody?, Jane Milliman, 04/05/2005