gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Succulent plants

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@otherside.com>
  • To: "gardenwriters-on-gardening" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Succulent plants
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 07:33:50 -0500

Hello Debra,
    Others have mentioned Sempervivums and Sedums as hardy succulents. May I also suggest you look into several sedum look-alikes? While not quite as hardy in general, Delosperma has become quite popular for its blooms as well as succulent foliage, size variation. From South Africa mountains. Great hypertufa trough plants. Orostachy or Dunce Caps is another area to play in. Books have been written about the various Saxifrage. The native Lewisa from the Rockies is another great rock garden or trough plant. There are others, but that is all I can think of off hand... at least that I have personally grown here.

    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com