gwl-g - [gwl-g] Aquilegia leaf spots

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Sheri Ann Richerson" <SheriAnnRicherson@exoticgardening.com>
  • To: "'gardenwriters-on-gardening'" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [gwl-g] Aquilegia leaf spots
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:14:58 -0500

I have a photo to send and a question for anyone who has seen leaf spot on Aquilegia and might know what to do about it. Here is the original email:

ANY comments would be welcome, even confirmation that you've not seen this before!

Hello Carrie,

I was passed your email address by a colleague, Nigel Sharples, a member of

the hardy plant society. Having baffled the ADAS consultants and biologists

I thought you may offer some hope to our problems.  I currently have a crop

of 1lr Aquilegia Spring Magic being grown in a Rovero tunnel that are

showing a curious white spotting on the leaves of all ages.  Each spot

consists if a pale area 2-4 mm across with what looks like a dark, recessed

bite mark in the centre but no insects are present or have been.  On close

inspection the pale colour is due to the cells collapsing around the central

mark and having no colour, almost as if the cell has emptied leaving a clear

set of walls.

Analysis has shown no bacteria or fungus so as you can tell we are a little

confused.  Have you seen anything like this?  I will try to email a decent

picture for you to have a look at

Any help you can give in this matter would be appreciated.

Richard Cave, HNS Production Manager

Allensmore Nurseries td

Tram Inn

Allensmore

Hereford

HR2 9AN

Please respond privately if you want to have the photo sent. My email address is: SheriAnnRicherson@exoticgardening.com

Thanks,
Sheri

Make a difference! Plant-A-Row For The Hungry Ask me how!

Region III Plant-A-Row For The Hungry Representative

http://www.gwaa.org/Par/index.html

Do you like gardening? Don't miss the ultimate website for the truly obsessed plant-a-holic!

http://www.exoticgardening.com

Do you need a freelance writer, editor, photographer or speaker?
Contact Sheri Ann Richerson
(765) 664-6916
SheriAnnRicherson>@exoticgardening.com

http://sheriannricherson.exoticgardening.com

  • [gwl-g] Aquilegia leaf spots, Sheri Ann Richerson, 11/30/2004