grhits - [grhits] PDAs for data collection?

grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global Reproductive Health IT Support list

  • From: Ben Nardone <BNardone AT pathfind.org>
  • To: "'grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [grhits] PDAs for data collection?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:09:04 -0500

Hello GRHITS folks!

I just joined this list.  I work for Stan Mullen at Pathfinder.  I searched the list archives and didn’t see anything on this topic, but apologies if I missed something and this is a repeat question.

Does anyone have any experiences, positive or negative, that they might share on the topic of using PDAs for data collection?

We evaluating using them for several of our projects, and I figured I’d check with folks here about it.

I’m interested in recommendations for models, survey software, data processing and sharing, etc.

We’re looking to find something pretty rugged on the hardware side.  On the software side, we’re looking for a solution that can handle very very simple (i.e. no written text, graphics only) surveys, as well as fairly complex stuff (ability to conditionalize questions/sections based on early responses.

Anybody using something they love? Hate?

Best,

:)Ben

Ben Nardone
Business Systems Analyst