grhits - [grhits] header and subject filtering on Barracuda

grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global Reproductive Health IT Support list

  • From: "Jojo Almario" <jalmario AT intrahealth.org>
  • To: "Global Reproductive Health IT Support list" <grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [grhits] header and subject filtering on Barracuda
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:52:22 -0500

I know there are at least 2 or 3 of you on this forum that use Barracuda spam filters on your headquarters email servers.  I was looking at the barracuda forums for tips on what to use for header, body, subject filtering.  They use a lot of regular _expression_ filtering, but the combinations seem hard to come up with on my own (like learning a new language).  I could just copy and paste what others on that forum have used but they seem rather aggressive in their filtering.  I was wondering what those on here who employ Barracudas use on their header, subject, body filtering.  Since most of us deal with email that throws some pretty sensitive wording around, I wanted to see if our regular expressions filtering differed greatly from everyone elses.

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can share.  I will share my results also.

Jojo Almario

Systems Administrator

Intrahealth International

www.intrahealth.org