grhits - [grhits] eRider "2006 Dirk Awards"

grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global Reproductive Health IT Support list

  • From: "Tor De Vries" <TDevries AT engenderhealth.org>
  • To: <grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [grhits] eRider "2006 Dirk Awards"
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 15:18:53 -0400

Hey all... you no doubt saw this on other lists, but just in case...

Howdy Riders and Friends of Riders,

My apologies for posting across so many lists, but we're looking for
some great nominations for The 2006 Dirk Award!

The Dirk Award 2006: Call for Nominations!

Established in 2000, The Dirk Award exists to celebrate inspiration,
leadership and contributions to the Rider and eRider community.

The award is looking for a new home in 2006, and we invite you to
review the history and past recipients and then nominate individuals you
feel embody the values and spirit of "The Dirk".

Nominations for the 2006 Dirk Award are due by June 15, 2006. The 2006
Dirk Award winner will be announced on July 15, 2006.

Check out www.dirkaward.org to see pictures of the 2005 Dirk Award
winners, Ungana-Afrika, receiving The Dirk in Tunis. Complete
information, including the nomination form, Dirk Award history, and a
list of past recipients can also be found at www.dirkaward.org .

Criteria for the Dirk Award

The Dirk Award goes to an individual or group who demonstrate the
following qualities:
* Extraordinary contribution to the Rider and global
eRider community
* Extraordinary contribution to the community or
communities in which they work, demonstrating a supportive and
constructive approach to the needs of their constituents and clients
The Nomination Process
* Nominations are made anonymously at
http://dirkaward.org/nominations/, and are kept confidential.
* The current and past recipients are the final arbiters
of the award each year.
* The decision is reached through dialog between past
recipients.
Background

The Dirk Award dates back to the RoundUp meeting in Kansas City, USA in
2000. It is named after its inaugural recipient, Dirk Slater, the
rabble-rousing Rider who received the award not only for his
accomplishments as a rider but also to embarrass him for an impassioned
speech he gave at the RoundUp, imploring the crowd to acknowledge and
focus on the principles of social justice and community organizing that
riders support with their technology services. The group thanked him
with a little golden man-- The Dirk Award.

In 2006 we're continuing to work to broaden the pool of nominees to
include eRiders, Circuit Riders and NTAPs (NPO/NGO Technology Assistance
Providers) doing amazing work all over the world. Please let us know
about inspiring eRiders wherever they may be!

To nominate, please go to http://dirkaward.org/nominations/

In eRider celebration,
The Dirk Award Committee: Dirk, Bill, Teresa, Art, Katrin, gunner,
Rudi, and Toni
info AT dirkaward.org

Allen Gunn
Executive Director, Aspiration
+1.415.216.7252
www.aspirationtech.org

Aspiration: "Better Tools for a Better World"

--

Tor de Vries, MFA
Web Producer at EngenderHealth

Phone: (212) 561-8538
Skype: tordevries
Email: tdevries AT engenderhealth.org
Web: http://www.engenderhealth.org

  • [grhits] eRider "2006 Dirk Awards", Tor De Vries, 05/08/2006