grhits - Re: [grhits] CMS - "field office question" (Out of the Office)

grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global Reproductive Health IT Support list

  • From: "Tor De Vries" <TDevries AT engenderhealth.org>
  • To: <grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [grhits] CMS - "field office question" (Out of the Office)
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:12:13 -0500

Thank you for your message. I will be out of the office until Monday, March
27, but will be periodically checking my e-mail.

If you require immediate assistance, please contact Theresa Kim
(tkim AT engenderhealth.org) or Jessica Benston (jbenston AT engenderhealth.org).

>>> grhits 03/22/06 10:11 >>>

Good Morning Everyone,

I have a general question for the group. I would like to solicit your
feedback about your organization's experiences regarding field offices.
Specifically, has any organization ever allowed a field office to implement
their own IT initiatives and solutions outside of the corporate
infrastructure? This would include a complete separation or disconnect from
any direct or indirect connectivity with the parent company or "HQ"
facility. Any communication and/or interaction with them would be handled
just as if they were a separate business or organization unrelated to you.
Some may refer to this as a Centralized vs. De-centralized concept for
business related matters and technical solutions. If you have adopted this
concept, something similar, or have ever granted independence like this to a
field office, I would appreciate your input - both pros and cons. If you
would rather call me directly, feel free at the below number.

Best Regards to the group,

Stan Mullen
IT Director, Pathfinder International
smullen AT pathfind.org