gmark - Re: [GMark] Greek text for

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Stephen C. Carlson" <scarlson AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [GMark] Greek text for
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:36:09 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

John Gale <johngale AT hotkey.net.au> wrote:
>I want to locate a reliable version of the Greek text of Secret Mark.
>Is there a version in a Greek font for computer analysis please?
>
>Have found images of the text but nothing I can work with.
>
>Can you help please?

The Greek text (sans accents and in an EGreek font) of the whole
letter to Theodore, not just the Secret Mark bits, is found on
Wieland Willker's site here:

http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/Secret/secmark-greek.html

I suppose the most reliable source is the transcription in Morton
Smith's book, Clement of Alexandria and a Secret Gospel of Mark.

Stephen Carlson

--
Stephen C. Carlson
Author of The Gospel Hoax: Morton Smith's Invention of Secret Mark (Baylor,