gmark - [GMark] Second Announcement of the 10th Annual SBL E-Listers' Meeting, Nov. 18th, 2006

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT comcast.net>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [GMark] Second Announcement of the 10th Annual SBL E-Listers' Meeting, Nov. 18th, 2006
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 22:25:03 -0600

With apologies for cross posting.

This is the second announcement of the 10th annual gathering of  NT,  Biblical,  and Biblically related e-list members at the Annual Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature in  Washington D.C .

[For those of you who do not know what the Society of Biblical Literature is and/or are unfamiliar with the SBL Annual Meeting, go first to

http://www.sbl-site.org/

and then to

http://www.sbl-site.org/congresses/Congresses_AnnualMeeting.aspx].

The informal E-Lister's meeting is planned for Saturday, Nov. 18th at 11:30 a.m. in the Washington D.C. Convention Center Exhibit Hall D at The Gorgias Press booths (booth 1017) in Exhibit Hall A of the Washington D.C. Convention Center.

As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous SBLs.

As I've done in the past 9 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend this year's SBL.

I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees is presenting a paper during the conference (and at what time and place and within what SBL group or section and under what title).

So this is the second call to write me OFF LIST at jgibson000 AT comcast.net and let me know the following:

(a) if you will be attending;

(b) if and when and under what aegis (i.e., SBL/AAR  Section and Session #) you are presenting a paper,

(c) your paper title, AND

(d) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

I'll keep everyone updated as the info comes in to me.

Again, write to me OFF LIST (jgibson000 AT comcast.net) and **please** use a header that says something like "SBL e-lister's meeting".

And N.B. -- This year there will be a formal, SBL sponsored. E-Listers' Brown Bag Lunch Meeting on Sunday, Nov. 19th from 11:45 to 12:45 in Meeting Room 2-RW where we can talk -- and perhaps do some e-list planning -- without the distractions of the exhibit.

The Program Book listing of this event is:

S19-40E-Listers Brown Bag Luncheon
11/19/2006
11:45 AM to 12:45 PM
Room: Meeting Room 2 - RW
Bring your own lunch (concessions are available in the exhibit hall) and join us for discussion.

I look forward to seeing you in Washington D.C.!

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson

--
Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

  • [GMark] Second Announcement of the 10th Annual SBL E-Listers' Meeting, Nov. 18th, 2006, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 11/10/2006