gmark - [GMark] Correction: Message 4, from Khbonnell@aol.com, 12 July 2006

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Khbonnell AT aol.com
  • To: GMark AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [GMark] Correction: Message 4, from Khbonnell AT aol.com, 12 July 2006
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:24:19 EDT

    My apologies to all for letting an error slip through in my Message 4 of 12 July 2006.
    My statement, " In order to make his 'on the third day'  prediction come to
pass, he shortened the events of Mark's Passion Week,  combing Mark's day 2
with day 1, Mark's day 3 with day 2, etc. such the  trial and crucifixion and
entombment occur on Wednesday, that being the  first of day, Thursday being the
second day, and Friday being the third day,  on which Jesus would be raised."

    This is the correction:  "In order to make his 'on the third day' prediction come to pass, he [the writer of Matthew] shortened the events of Mark's Passion Week, combining Mark's day 2 with day 1, Mark's day 3 with day 2, etc.,  such that the resurrection would occur on the day of the sabbath as the 'third day' (daylight of Saturday), Friday daylight being the second day, and Thursday daylight being the first day, making death and entombment occur at sunset on Wednesday."

Kenneth H. Bonnell

  • [GMark] Correction: Message 4, from Khbonnell AT aol.com, 12 July 2006, Khbonnell, 07/13/2006