gmark - [GMark] Re: Dr. Kealy's work on a new edition

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Fred Guyette <fguyette AT erskine.edu>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [GMark] Re: Dr. Kealy's work on a new edition
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:41:01 -0500

Hi Dr. Kealy -- I made use of your 1982 book 2 or 3 years ago when I was writing a paper for a class on Mark's gospel -- I found it extremely useful and I would like to encourage you in your work on the new edition.  We should tremble before we make recommendations to you -- who knows more about Mark than Dr. Kealy? And someone more knowledgeable than I will have a more comprehensive list, but I would say that the following items are at least worth your attention:

Fred Guyette
Reference Librarian
Erskine College and Seminary

The Gospel of Mark: a socio-rhetorical commentary By: Witherington, Ben. Grand Rapids : Eerdmans, 2001.
The christology of Mark's Gospel: narrative christology and the Markan Jesus By: Malbon, Elizabeth Struthers Source: Who do you say that I am?, p 33-48. Louisville, Ky. : Westminster John Knox Press, 1999 Publication Type: Essay
In the company of Jesus: characters in Mark's Gospel By: Malbon, Elizabeth Struthers. Louisville, Ky. : Westminster John Knox Pr, 2000. Publication Type: Book

Text and context in recent studies of the Gospel of Mark. By: Robbins, Vernon K. Source: Religious Studies Review, 17 Ja 1991, p 16-22.
The Gospel of Mark in recent study. By: Hurtado, Larry W. Source: Themelios, ns 14 Ja-F 1989, p 47-52.
Mark and the historical-critical method : the challenge of recent literary approaches to the Gospel. By: Telford, William R. Source: Synoptic Gospels, p 491-502. Louvain : Leuven Univ Pr, 1993
Minor, Mitzi   The spirituality of Mark : responding to God   Louisville, Ky. : Westminster John Knox Press, c1996