gmark - Re: Email virus from H. Staiti?

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT attbi.com>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Email virus from H. Staiti?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 07:38:12 -0500

HStaiti AT aol.com wrote:
I am concerned that I might have an email virus that is sending out info to those in my address book. I just received information that my computer sent out an email to a list serve that I never composed. It contained the following in the message body:

       This is a  new website
       I hope you would enjoy it.

The returned message that informed me of this email sent out from my conputer did not have the web site.
1. Did any of you receive this email from my email address?
2. Do any of you know what this virus is and how to remove it?

Please DO NOT answer Henry's questions ON LIST. If you are inclined to reply to him, do so by sending your reply to HStaiti AT aol.com and NOT to catamarkon.

We don't need a flood of essentially personal messages eating up bandwidth.

Thanks for your co-operation in this.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson
--