gmark - Re: Aeschylus and Mark

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Rick Frommich" <eugor3 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Aeschylus and Mark
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:44:11

Dennis,

I hope your week away went well. Have you had a chance to look at the relationship between the passion narrative in Mark and Prometheus Bound? There is an interesting similarity between one of the Io lines in the play and Jesus' cry from the cross,  Elelue, Elelue. There is also, the saying about kicking against the goads that appears in the book of Acts. I know you are interested in the Luke/Acts connection to the classics as well. You might be interested to know that Paul's statement about "seeing through a glass darkley" comes  from Socrates by way of Plato.

best wishes.

Rick Richmond.