gmark - Re: Two Halves of Mark

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "George Mallory Patton" <gpatton AT bayou.com>
  • To: gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Two Halves of Mark
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 23:37:35 -0400

I think that the two halves of Mark's gospel are divided by the pericope
of the blind man in 8:22-26. The teaching in the first half are symbolized
by the what Jesus did to the blind man with the first touch. The second
half teaching is symbolized by the results of Jesus' second touch.

In my opinion:
The blind man of Bethsadia pericope is a parable of the whole gospel of
Mark. As Mark would of course try to teach in the same manner as his hero
taught(Mark 4:34), all Mark's teaching are in parable. That is all of
Mark's gospel is made of parables. Of course this is just my point of
view.
George Patton

  • Re: Two Halves of Mark, George Mallory Patton, 08/11/2001