gmark - Re: gmark digest: April 25, 2001

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Rikki E. Watts" <rwatts AT interchange.ubc.ca>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: gmark digest: April 25, 2001
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 22:37:07 -0700

Karel,

Just a quick comment. You are right to ask the genre question; but I'm not
sure what you mean by midrash. I think either on this list or Xlist it's
been fairly well established that midrash (i.e. Jewish interpretation of
scripture) is not an appropriate term to use. The question, as always, is
which of the genres open to him is Mark using? If Mark is not midrash then
what is it?

Regards
Rikk