gmark - Messages in HTML

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT home.com>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Messages in HTML
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:12:56 -0600

Recently a number of List members have been composing and sending their
messages in HTML format. While this may be convenient for them to do so,
it actually causes a number of problems for the List. Some members find
that they receive these messages encased in, and littered with, code --
a fact which makes the message unreadable. Others (like me) find that
when I click on these message, they only partially load up, and are not
fully available until one hits the reply button!

So in the light of these and other problems that posting in HTML
causes, I must ask List Members to refrain from doing so. When posting
to this (and probably any other List!), please make sure that you set
your "compose" settings to "plain text only".

Thanks.

Jeffrey Gibson

--
Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A

  • Messages in HTML, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 03/13/2001