gmark - clarification

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Steve Black <sblack AT axionet.com>
  • To: gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: clarification
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 06:32:09 -0800

I realized as I read my recent post that it could be misunderstood. I was speaking not of Ted Weeden, on this list - but rather Theodore Weeden - who published "Mark-Traditions in Conflict" in 1971. Theodore Weeden's theory, once again, is that Mark wrote his gospel polemically - attacking the original disciples for heresy (divine man Christology). Peter, according to this theory, for example is never rehabilitated after his denial, and is left in a "reprobate" position.
--
Steve Black
Diocese of New Westminster

3049 West 14th Ave