gmark - Temptations of Jesus

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Stephen C. Carlson" <scarlson AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Kata Markon" <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Temptations of Jesus
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:06:00 -0400

I noticed that there was a book review in the latest JBL
of Susan R. Garrett, THE TEMPTATIONS OF JESUS IN MARK'S
GOSPEL (Eerdmans, 1998). Since there is at least one
expert on temptations on this list, I was wondering if
anyone has any comments about this book. Abraham Smith,
the reviewer, said that this book "holds promise because
it points Markan research in a new direction."

Stephen Carlson
--
Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson AT mindspring.com

  • Temptations of Jesus, Stephen C. Carlson, 09/30/1999