freetds - [freetds] Minimum versions for MS Azure SQL

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Nienberg <mnlists AT tippingstructural.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Minimum versions for MS Azure SQL
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 12:24:13 -0700

I have been connecting to a local MS SQL database via PHP-pdo with FreeTDS
for some time using CentOS 6. In this case the PHP is 5.3.3 and the FreeTDS
is 0.91 from the EPEL repository. Now I need to make a similar connection
to a MS SQL database hosted on the Microsoft Azure cloud. I have not been
able to do so with the above versions.

I also tested on a CentOS 7 machine, which has PHP 5.4.16 and FreeTDS 0.95.
Again I did not succeed.

I suppose the issue is related to this PHP - FreeTDS interaction:

https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=64338

which seems to indicate a fix in PHP version 5.5.

So then I upgraded the PHP on a test CentOS 6 machine to 5.6 using the Remi
repository, but that didn't work either, so the problem may be the older
FreeTDS on that machine.

Does anyone know the minimum versions of PHP and FreeTDS that will connect
to Azure?

Thanks,

Mark