freetds - Re: [freetds] Compiling Against FreeTDS 0.95 w/7.3 TDSVER Features Possible?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: LacaK <lacak AT zoznam.sk>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Compiling Against FreeTDS 0.95 w/7.3 TDSVER Features Possible?
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 08:18:56 +0100

I pushed some changes to master to integrate dbanydatecrack. This
function use new DBDATEREC2 type which change milliseconds to
nanoseconds in the DBDATEREC structure and accepts an additional type
parameter (which can be returned by dbcoltype) for the type.
So you can use dbdata+dbcoltype+dbanydatecrack to parse any date/time
type (even future BIGTIME or whatever). The idea is to backport these
changes in 0.95 too.

Could you try if works for you? I extended a test and is actually working.

Only formal note:
for me better sounds "dbdatecrack2()" as "dbanydatecrack()"
(or "tdsdbdatecrack()" as there is already "tdsdbopen()" versus "dbopen()" ?
or "dbdatetimecrack()" ?)

-Laco.