freetds - Re: [freetds] How to retrieve network socket?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "John D. Robertson" <john AT rrci.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How to retrieve network socket?
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 13:34:54 -0400

On Wed, 27 May 2015 08:31:05 -0400
"John D. Robertson" <john AT rrci.com> wrote:

> I can't seem to find how one goes about retrieving the network socket from
> DBPROCESS. For asynchronous queries, I'd like to submit the socket (among
> many other sockets) to select() to find out when there is data waiting to
> be read.

It looks like this works for a quick hack, but there should be an API call:

DBPROCESS *dbp;

/* Get connected to server ... */

/* The first member of 'struct tds_dblib_dbprocess' is
* is a 'struct tds_socket*', and the first member of
* 'struct tds_socket' is the socket, an 'int' on all *nix systems.
*/

int sock= **((int**)dbp);

/* There you go. */

John D. Robertson, Computer / Engineering Consultant
Robertson & Robertson Consultants, Inc.
3637 West Georgia Rd.
Pelzer, SC 29669

Phone: (864) 243-2436