freetds - [freetds] [0.95rc2][Windows] Unit Tests / Next release

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sergio NNX <sfhacker AT hotmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] [0.95rc2][Windows] Unit Tests / Next release
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 15:08:09 +1000

> The main key to the release is "Feature free". No optimization, no
> refactoring, no style, no new feature. Mainly fixes and regressions.
> The RC roll out is mainly to spread more people to test it with
> different environments/work cases (honestly I lost an idea of a
> possible matrix years ago).
>
> See https://trello.com/b/bk0UZNRJ/freetds-todo-list.

Cool. Just let me know if you need a hand (or two)? Most probably I can
contribute with testing (e.g. Windows, several MS SQL Server versions,
SSL/PKI), updating documentation, etc.

I haven't mentioned before, but there is one compilation issue (at least
under MSYS env) with a particular test: long_error test (I'm using another PC
at the moment and I don't remember the exact name of the test). Apparently,
that test uses UNICODE and it can't be compiled as it is. As soon as I get
home, I'll send you the error message.

Sergio.