freetds - [freetds] Bug with new release candidate, 'freebcp in', and date format

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ed Avis <eda AT waniasset.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Bug with new release candidate, 'freebcp in', and date format
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 11:53:52 +0000 (UTC)

I've found a change in behaviour with date parsing and freebcp.
Create a global temporary table to copy into:

> create table ##test (dt date not null, value int not null)

Now make a CSV file and load it in:

% echo 26-Jul-2000,1 >test.csv
% freebcp '##test' in test.csv -S MYSERVER -U mydb -P mypass -c -t ','

The date in the CSV file is misparsed:

> select * from ##test;
dt value
1900-07-01 1

This is new with 0.95 - it works OK with revision 0a42888. I didn't see it
mentioned in the ChangeLog file.

Are these dates being parsed by the server or by freebcp itself?

--
Ed Avis <eda AT waniasset.com>