freetds - Re: [freetds] alloca() usage, building master pre-0.95 on Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ramiro Morales <cramm0 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] alloca() usage, building master pre-0.95 on Windows
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 22:07:18 -0300

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 8:47 PM, Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com> wrote:

>> Forgot to say I tested option 2 successfully and this the last
>> remaining issue to get master to build on Windows.
>>

> Well.. a git pull should be enough :)
>
> As is not a standard header I add check on configure scripts and
> included conditionally.

Thanks Frediano.

This allows master to be built on Windows from the files contained in
the nightly tarballs.

I've got it working [1]on Appveyor by using a termporary [2]hack which
downloads these tarballs and so (mis)uses the Git commit
GitHub->Appveyor hook simply as a trigger to build them instead of
building the files just checked out.

To get it to build succesfully directly from a Git checkout the
Windows-specific, Perl-based stage of the build process needs, in
addition to the work you and Larry have been doing, to also create
win332/config.h. I've opened PR [3]#8 with a solution for this.

Once the dust settles I plan to open another thread proposing addition
of Appveyor support in a way similar to what was done for Travis
sometime ago and asking for some minor needed decisions. Work on this
is in progress at [4]

Regards,

1. https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ramiro/freetds/build/76
2.