freetds - [freetds] Awesome awesome awesome

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jorge Chamorro <jorge AT jorgechamorro.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Awesome awesome awesome
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 01:05:12 +0100

Hi,

I'm a new user of FreeTDS and would like to say that it's working fine for me.

I've installed it on a raspberrypi 2 in order to provide an plain text sql
interface to the db, via tsql via netcat for the rest of the network/clients.
They mostly send some small batches of sql every now and then.

I've had to tweak tsql.c a little bit because it was sending some
things/results to stderr that ISTM should be going to stdout instead, and
also for some reason at times (and only on the raspberrypi) it wasn't
flushing stdout properly, nothing that a few fflush(stdout)s here and there
don't fix, and now I have a nice working text interface to the azure ms-sql
db. Awesome!

So, in return, I'd like to donate to the cause, but I can't find the
instructions anywhere to do so. (?)

Thank you!
--
( Jorge )();