freetds - [freetds] Config parameter to start DB on Sybase ASA personal server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Falk Morgenroth" <frot AT gmx.de>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Config parameter to start DB on Sybase ASA personal server
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 09:28:37 +0200

DB: Sybase ASA 10 (Adaptive Server Anywhere) on Windows 7
Client: Debian Wheezy, freetds, php (odbc_connect() )
ODBC: unixodbc

I can connect to the database by using unixodbc / freetds driver as long it
is running. (started by a ERP windows client app) I get all data I need with
php - everything is working fine.

Unfortunately I can not connect to the database when it was stopped by the
client app. (on close of the app)

The Sybase personal server (EngineName) is still running and is waiting to
receive DatabaseName and DatabaseFilePath to start the DB again.
- Sybase ASA is configured for AUTOSTART.
- Firewall does not block
- Tests with a windows machine, ODBC and Sybase driver work - its possible to
start the DB by using the ODBC only

I figured out that I need to submit following parameter (which are available
in Windows ODBC confiuration) when connecting:
EngineName=MyPersonalDBServer --> Name of the personal server (Sybase
calls it personal)
DatabaseName=MyDatabase --> Name of the database to start
DatabaseFile=D:\mydatabasefile.db --> Windows Path where database file is
located on the hosting machine

Unfortunately I can not find a solution to do this by unixodb / freetds. I
tried to add above parameter to odbc.ini but freetds.log shows that it does
not know / use these parameter

odbc.ini
----------------

[mydatabase]