freetds - Re: [freetds] Unable to load the driver libtdsodbc.so

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Unable to load the driver libtdsodbc.so
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 19:35:34 +0200

venkatakrishnat1 AT gmail.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> I am connecting to MSSQL from sybase using freetds .I m getting the below
> error.
> like unable to load the driver libtdsodbc.so.
>
> i have configured the odbc.ini
> Driver=/abc/libtdsodbc.so
> Servername =RemoteSQLServer

This is quite partial configuration. Depending on DM type specifying a file
directly could be fine or not. Also you should make sure that the file type
match your program and DM. They should be all 32 or 64 bit, you cannot mix.
See http://www.freetds.org/userguide/odbcconnattr.htm.

> freetds.conf
> host = 10.20.30.40
> port = 1433
> tds version = 8.0

8.0 is an old configuration 7.1 or 7.2 should be used.
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/choosingtdsprotocol.htm and
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/freetdsconf.htm.

> Can you please share if i am missing any configuration details .
>
> Thanks
> Venkata krishna

Frediano