freetds - Re: [freetds] .dev.YYYY.mmdd hardcoded docdir?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] .dev.YYYY.mmdd hardcoded docdir?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 00:12:27 -0400

On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 11:29:58 +0200
Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure however about --docdir. Should it point to main root
> (like /usr/share/doc) or specific to project?
>
> I think you are referring to configure option, in configure I have
>
> docdir='${datarootdir}/doc/${PACKAGE_TARNAME}'

Hi Freddy,

I think the HTML install location was overengineered way back when.
ISTM it should be just

docdir='${datarootdir}/doc/freetds'

for the same reason that the libraries are installed in PREFIX/lib:
Only one version is installed, and only one version of the
documentation need be installed.

Nowadays autoconf supports htmldir, which seems more appropriate.

Mea culpa. I plead youthful exuberance and lack of elders to guide me.