freetds - Re: [freetds] dblib and output parameters of stored procedures

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dblib and output parameters of stored procedures
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:59:58 -0400

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 08:15:29 +0200
LacaK <lacak AT zoznam.sk> wrote:

> BTW what means message in tdsdump:
> dblib.c:4742:..\..\src\dblib\dblib.c 4743: logic error:
> tds_process_tokens result_type 4043

That means result_type 4043 for TDS_SUCCESS code isn't handled. That
result_type is an output of tds_process_default_tokens representing a
TDS_STATUS_RESULT for a TDS_RETURNSTATUS packet.

Without looking further, the message may indicate that the return
status from a stored procedure was not correctly reported.

> I have checked before these places ...

Yes. It's one thing to document how a library works. It's something
else again to document how a server will respond. Or, in this case,
how it will *not* respond. :-(

It's tempting to sprinkle the documentation with warnings, but that
would undermine another goal: to keep them brief and to the point. In
this case the caveat appears on
http://www.freetds.org/reference/a00285.html#ga7, in the REMARKS for
dbrpcinit().

Happy hacking.