freetds - Re: [freetds] freetds on solaris 11: symbol scope specifies local binding (same problem)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brent Jackson <ptl AT perceptions.co.nz>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freetds on solaris 11: symbol scope specifies local binding (same problem)
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 10:44:17 +1300

Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 08:53:31 +0100
From: "Marco A. Ferra" <MAFerra AT isq.pt>
Subject: [freetds] freetds on solaris 11: symbol scope specifies local
binding (same problem)
To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>

Hi Everyone,

Regarding Justin Pryzby's question on "freetds on solaris 11: symbol
scope specifies local binding" [1] I'm also having a hard time compiling
FreeTDS 0.91 from source on Solaris 11.
[snip]
Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
strlen .libs/ct.o (symbol scope specifies
local binding)
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/libct.so.4.0.0
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
[snip]

I vaguely recall encountering a similar problem when I compiled FreeTDS 0.65 back in 2007.

I think I avoided the problem by setting the FREETDS_LIBGCC variable in the dtlib/Makefile to explicitly specify my libgcc.a file, so as to use the GCC version of strlen() instead of the Solaris one.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Brent