freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL-08S01 error in FreeTDS/Azure when executing stored proc for a few minutes from Linux (but not from Windows)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL-08S01 error in FreeTDS/Azure when executing stored proc for a few minutes from Linux (but not from Windows)
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:18:08 -0500

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 14:50:05 -0600
Cade Roux <cade AT roux.org> wrote:

> Now that the flat->star transform is basically instant, and there
> should be constant client traffic from the truncate, the inserts, the
> row count and the transform, I need to break down the log from a
> reproduced case adding some timings to make it easier to post here.

Yes. I would time each call to SQLExecute. You may find that "long"
running queries end in 20004 errors, and may be able to guesstimate the
value of "long".

FWIW, FreeTDS does call setsockopt(2) with SO_KEEPALIVE if the host
system supports it, cf. net.c around line 217. You might want to check
your build log carefully to make sure it's enabled in case it matters.