freetds - [freetds] AIX 7.1 build problems - fixed!

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: David Venus <david.venus AT bi-lo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] AIX 7.1 build problems - fixed!
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:19:48 -0500

Hi!

James' request to send the lines from the header and source file lead to my
discovery of the issue. Thank you James!

What I saw in the source code was an IFDEF for
HAVE_SQLGETPRIVATEPROFILESTRING and if it was set to 0 a STATIC declaration
of SQLGetPrivateProfileString was included in the source. So then I began
hunting for why that would be 0.

In the config.log I found that "-lodbcinst" was not being found. The path
"-L/opt/oracle/local/unixODBC-2.3.2-pre/lib" was being passed in as the
place to find libodbcinst.a. However there is no lib directory in
unixODBC-2.3.2-pre or in unixODBC-2.3.1. Running make install for unixODBC
places the libraries in $prefix/lib.

The solution was to include "LDFLAGS=-L/opt/oracle/local/lib"
($prefix/lib) before the "./configure" statement. With this
libodbcinst.a was found and every thing compiled successfully!

LIBPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH both have $prefix/lib in them but it appears
they may get changed by configure or in the make process.

At least for AIX $prefix/lib may need to be added to list of places to look
for libraries.

This solution worked with FreeTDS 0.91 stable and patched, but NOT with
0.92 (errors about sock_diagram).

When I configured and ran make check 3 out of 34 tests failed. They look to
be errors with timeouts, bsqldb, etc. I will send a separate e-mail to the
list with these questions.

Thanks!

Dave Venus

  • [freetds] AIX 7.1 build problems - fixed!, David Venus, 03/01/2012