freetds - Re: [freetds] Does this replace freetds ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Does this replace freetds ?
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 17:28:50 +0100

Honestly I don't understand. One of the first comment was "This was
long awaited" !?!
Well.. there was our driver and Datalink one, if somebody prefer
commercial stuff (there are commercial support even for FreeTDS!).

Surely MS driver supports better latest MSSQL versions but for
instance does not support MSSQL 2005 or backward. Also the portability
is very limited. FreeTDS support any kind of Unix, not just Linux and
not just Unix! Currently only RH5/6 64 bit are supported. And also you
have to install a modified unixODBC package from tar/gz. Well.. I hope
they will provide RPM for final release. utf8 support from MS side is
very fine. Good also check for certificate, we should support too. I
didn't read about license information. Does somebody try it?

Regards
Frediano