freetds - [freetds] UTF-8 on Windows XP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Cavit Cahit VURAL <ccvural AT cerenbilgisayar.com.tr>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] UTF-8 on Windows XP
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 13:35:53 +0300

Hi ,

We use a program written with Qt which work on Linux AND Windows.

We need to access to the Microsoft SQL Server from Linux and Windows XP
at the same time.

The string fields in all tables are NVARCHAR and LINUX has no problem
with UTF-8 encoding. It's writing and reading very well.

We compiled freetds-0.92.dev.20110619 on Windows XP with MSyS and Mingw.
It worked and connected to the server.

But on Windows XP it converts the strings in NVARCHARS fields to
ISO-8859-1.

Tried to set client charset to UTF-8 by freetds.conf but it has no affects.

Read almost all documents but could'nt find the problem.

Any idea / suggestion ?

How can we compile FreeTDS with default charset UTF-8 on Windows XP ?

Regards