freetds - Re: [freetds] what am I missing?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] what am I missing?
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 23:04:43 -0400

On Tue, 17 May 2011 19:30:17 -0700 (PDT)
Chris Bartram <chrisrbartram AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I try the ODBC connection in a Perl program I get
> errors that the .so is not found; yet an ls shows the file(s) right
> where it's supposed to be looking. tsql looks like it might be
> working?

http://www.freetds.org/91/userguide/linker.how.htm

If Perl says it can't find the .so, it's telling the truth. Because
Perl::DBI is using dlopen(3), nothing in the Perl executable nor the
DBI library affects where the runtime linker looks. You have to tell
it. LD_LIBRARY_PATH is your friend, but you may have to resort to
LD_PRELOAD.

HTH.